Thursday, August 27, 2009

Questions like this are why 'snarky' is a word.......

My husband and I were invited to a wedding recently. It was someone that I would call an acquaintance of his and not a close friend. I bought a gift and signed the card with both mine and my husband's names. I didn't feel well the night of the wedding so he went by himself. He received a thank you card in the mail thanking him for coming and for the gift. My name wasn't listed on the card. I thought the card should have been made out to both of us. I thought it was very rude of the bride and groom to only address it to him. Am I being difficult or was it really rude?
Let's see. You tell me that you don't know these people, you DON'T go to the wedding, your husband gives them a gift and again, you don't know them and you weren't at the wedding so how are they supposed to know you even exist?? Now you're all torqued up because they didn't address the thank you note to you when you couldn't go to the wedding and you don't know them so please tell me HOW EXACTLY they are supposed to know you exist??? Are you this irrational in all facets of your life? If you are, then the help you need is much more extensive than you can get from an advice columnist--you need someone with and "M.D." after their name!!